Professor David Cooper, AO (1948-2018)
Attention Investigators from Resource-Limited Settings and Early Stage Investigators from All Countries
We are now accepting applications to attend the 21st International Workshop on Co-morbidities and Adverse Drug Reactions in HIV (Basel, Switzerland, 5–6 November 2019) as “Cooper Scholars”. Applications are due: Thursday 11th July 2019 by 12 midnight UK time.
Download the Cooper Scholar Application Form.
Six scholarships will be awarded in memory of the late Professor David Cooper, a giant in HIV research and co-founder of the Workshop ((4 supported by the Comorbidities Workshop and 2 by European AIDS Conference).
Scholarship Awardees will receive:
- Free registration to the Comorbidities Workshop (5-6 November) and free registration to the European AIDS Conference (6-9 November)
- Round-trip air travel to Basel, Switzerland (economy class)
- Accommodation for up to 5 nights in total (to be allocated across both meetings)
Applications are welcomed from investigators engaged in HIV co-morbidity research who are:
- From a low or lower-middle income country defined by World Bank criteria (https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519)
- Early Stage Investigators from any country (defined as an investigator currently in a training programme or who has completed a training programme [degree programme, residency, post-doctoral fellowship] within the past 10 years)
Applicants are required to:
- Submit an abstract to BOTH MEETINGS via the appropriate online portals following submission guidelines. Note: It is expected that the same abstract will be submitted to both meetings.
Comorbidities Workshop submission site https://abstract.intmedpress.com/submit/start.cfm
European AIDs Conference submission site https://eacs-conference2019.com/index.php?article_id=130
- Provide a 400-word summary of current interests in HIV co-morbidity research and career goals
- Provide a curriculum vitae
- Provide a 1-page letter of recommendation from Division/Department Head or Research Supervisor
- Provide a completed application form.
Please email applications and supporting documentation to: email@example.com
Applications are due: Thursday 11th July 2019 by 12 midnight UK time.